We receive information that:
- you provide when you register for and set up an account
- you allow us to collect when you use certain features
- you allow social media services to share with us
- we get from communicating with you
- we get from cookies and other technology
We use this information to:
- provide embed signage features and services to you
- manage and improve our website, app and services
- analyse how you use embed signage
- provide you with information
- diagnose technical problems and maintain security
- provide you with marketing that is relevant to you, subject to your preferences
We share this information with:
- outside parties to comply with the law and legal obligations
- outside third-party providers that we use to provide your service
We store information:
- primarily in the United Kingdom
Effective date: 1st January 2018
Welcome to embed signage (“embed signage,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an Embed signage account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name). This information allows us to help you or others be identified on your embed signage account.
- User Content (e.g., media, layouts, channels, plugins) that you create on your embed signage account.
- Communications between you and Embed signage. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g. account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may opt out of Service-related e-mails via your user preferences.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e. visit) a page within your about. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with the Service, pages viewed, and other such information. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Embed signage.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us about how you use the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including tags.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- provide personalised communications and information to you and others
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- diagnose or fix technology problems
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Embed signage without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.), with organisations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymised data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Instances where we may be required to share your information:
Embed Signage will disclose your information where required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which Embed Signage, a company in the same group of companies as Embed Signage or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, embed signage cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Embed Signage or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and embed signage, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organisation.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your user settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by unselecting the types of notifications available for your user.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, embed signage may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
7. HOW TO CONTACT US