We receive information that:
- you provide when you register for and set up an account
- you allow us to collect when you use certain features
- you allow social media services to share with us
- we get from communicating with you
- we get from cookies and other technology
We use this information to:
- provide embed signage features and services to you
- manage and improve our website, app and services
- analyse how you use embed signage
- provide you with information about our Service
- diagnose technical problems and maintain security
- provide you with marketing that is relevant to you, subject to your preferences
We share this information with:
- outside parties to comply with the law and legal obligations
- Trusted outside third-party providers that we use to provide the Service to you
We store information:
- primarily in the United Kingdom
Effective date: 24th May 2018
Welcome to embed signage (“embed signage,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Upon signing up to our Service, you provide information such as your name and email address. You may also optionally provide us with your company name and generate a username to access our Service. This data is essential to using our Service.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name). This information allows us to help you or others be identified on your embed signage account.
- User Content (e.g., media, layouts, channels, plugins) that you create on your embed signage account.
- Communications between you and embed signage. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g. account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Users can change their notification consent / preferences at any time via the user preferences.
- Data gathered automatically when a user logs in and uses our Service includes: browser, language, location (city, country), operating system, number of sessions, company website (based on email) and publicly visible social profiles that are associated with the user email address. Other data gathered while using the software includes pages visited on the software and actions performed (created layout, registered device etc).
- If an individual contacts one of our employees via email then the personal data you have provided in that email will be accessible via our employees email client. If an individual requires this information to be deleted after a specific period, the individual must clearly specify in the email that it is to be deleted after the time period or we recommend the individual uses tools that provide confidentiality mode to remove the information from the email after your specified period of time.
- If an individual or representative of a business purchase Services from embed signage, we will request all necessary information required to process billing and payments. This data will include contact name, billing / company name, billing address, telephone number and email address.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e. visit) a page within your about. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with the Service, pages viewed, and other such information. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by embed signage.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us about how you use the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including tags.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We employ trusted third party companies to automatically perform tasks on our behalf and need to share some information with them to provide the Services to you. Such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us in delivering our service to you. This includes third party companies and individuals employed by us to facilitate our Services, including the provision of maintenance services, database management, analytics, user support, technical monitoring, troubleshooting and general improvement of the Services provided.
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- provide personalised communications and information to you and others based on your user contact preferences and use of our Service
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- diagnose or fix technology problem
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside embed signage without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Trusted Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymised data with our trusted parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Instances where we may be required to share your information:
embed signage will disclose your information where required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which embed Signage, a company in the same group of companies as embed Signage or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, embed signage cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to embed signage or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and embed signage, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organisation.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- At any time a user can change their consent for email notifications from our service regarding maintenance, support and ongoing developments by logging in and changing these options in the user settings panel.
- To withdraw consent for sharing limited customer information with third party companies that we use to provide the Service the please contact us at [email protected]
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, embed signage may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, legal and/or audit purposes. You can request that this data is permanently deleted at any time by emailing [email protected]
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation enforced on 25th May 2018: https://www.eugdpr.org/ below we have outlined how we meet your rights and the process individuals can take to action their rights:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access, rectification, restrict processing and erasure;
requests must be delivered via email to [email protected] in a clear and concise way. We will confirm receipt of the request and comply with the with the request in one month. This will involve contacting all third party companies that we share individuals personal data with in order to provide the service, as well as communicating with all relevant internal employees to action the request as appropriate. We have the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we decide to refuse the request, we will notify the individual as to the reason(s) within one month. The individual would have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy.
- the right to data portability;
requests must be delivered via email to [email protected] in a clear and concise way. We will confirm receipt of the request and comply with the with the request in one month. This will involve contacting all third party companies that we share individuals personal data with in order to provide the service, as well as communicating with all relevant internal employees to action the request as appropriate. We have the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we decide to refuse the request, we will notify the individual as to the reason(s) within one month. The individual would have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy. Data will provided in a .zip file which will contain all data from the software relating to the individual (media content, user details, items associated to the individual in CSV etc) as well as any information held with third-parties (if applicable).
- the right to object;
individuals have the right to object to embed signage using there data. In some cases, this may have an adverse effect on the experience of our Service. Requests must be delivered via email to [email protected] in a clear and concise way. We will confirm receipt of the request and comply with the with the request in one month. This will involve contacting all third party companies that we share individuals personal data with in order to provide the service, as well as communicating with all relevant internal employees to action the request as appropriate. We have the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we decide to refuse the request, we will notify the individual as to the reason(s) within one month. The individual would have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy. Individuals have a right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if they think there is a problem with the way embed signage are handling their personal data. That can be done by visiting their website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
HOW TO CONTACT US
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Embed Signage limited
Unit L, Linsford Business Park
Linsford Lane, Mytchett
Surrey, GU16 6DL
Telephone: +44 (0)8450 944 959
UK Registered Company No: 09944278