New Features Update May 2016
Features Update – May 2016
We are excited to announce the latest update to.
Check out our highlights video:
Highlights of this update include:
- Responsive UI
- New Playlist Animations
- Further Device Controller Support
- Channel publish scheduling
- Seamless SSSP Video Playlisting
- SSSP external storage support (USB or SD)
- Video Rotation
- Device Location Address Entry
- Default Playlist Settings
- Content Preview by Device
Release notes and full updated features list:
- Responsive UI – use a tablet or mobile to access and manage your devices and schedules (excluding layout builder and global playlists)
- New Playlist and Zone Animations – 12 new animations added including zone animations with delays (animations not supported on SSSP)
- Device Location Address Entry – locate device by map pin and now by adding an address
- Search Function Improvements – account wide search. Type a query on any page and search the entire account in all areas
- Further Device Controller Support – Device controller migrated to devices page. Further device support includes:
- SSSP – device screenshot, volume up, down and mute, reboot, screen on / off
- Windows and Mac – device screenshot, volume up, down and mute, reboot
- ChromeOS – reboot only
- ONELAN, iOS and Android – Device controller not supported
- Add tags to devices, media, layouts and channels
- Dynamically create playlists using media tags
- Channel publishing improvements
- Ability to publish multiple channels with a single click
- Schedule channel(s) to be published at a future date and time
- Faster and more efficient publishing of content
- Video Rotation – Flip uploaded video files 90°, 180° and 270° generating a natively rendered version at the selected orientation
- Preview Content by Device – preview layouts by device to see device specific content such as Weather
- Seamless SSSP Video Playlisting – Seamless video content playback within playlists (without black screen) for SSSP landscape orientation
- SSSP External Storage Support (USB or SD) – Increase the storage space for SSSP devices by selecting to use external USB or SD card
- Password Reset & Security Improvements – New passwords now require a minimum of 8 characters consisting of at least 1 symbol, 1 number and 1 letter. Security measures in place for a succession of failed login attempts.
- Media Page Improvements
- Transcoding progress bar on uploaded video content
- Improved media uploader
- Download individual media items
- Layout Builder / Global Playlists:
- Next page option for page timeouts, content triggers and touch events.
- Additional actions applied to page timeouts and touch events to match new actions from content triggers
- Volume control for individual Audio and Video content items in a playlist
- Folder Improvements - Edit folder names, colours and parent
- Merged trash view – a single trash folder for all trashed items. Devices no longer go to trash on delete, now they are permanently deleted.
- General UI improvements:
- Device map updated to show online/offline on pin
- Page load speeds improved
- Collapsable files and folders
- Folders removed from sidebar
- Plugins now listed as top level items rather than in dropdown
- Notifications – Account dashboard notification when SSSP device storage limit is exceeded or when the storage selected is unavailable.
- Default Playlist Settings – Set defaults for playlist content types such as images, movies and audio to include timing, animation and sizing.
- Changes to Dynamic Data Plugin - Dynamic data content now requires publishing via channels to update. No longer automatic content updating.
- Bug fixes:
- Layout thumbnails now show properly
- Temperature and channel received data on device now shows correctly
We hope you enjoy these new features and we look forward to bringing you many more in future.
What do I need to do?
In order to benefit from all of these new features, please update your device applications / software as follows:
- Windows – update to 3.4.2 and republish channel content
- Mac – update to 3.4.2 and republish channel content
- SSSP – update to 3.4.0 by rebooting the device / relaunching URL launcher with a working network connection (screen will show updating URL)
- ONELAN – republish channel content
- iOS – no update required
- Android – no update required
- Chrome OS – no update required
If your account dashboard does not show the new changes, please clear your browser cookies and cache then reload the dashboard by doing SHIFT + REFRESH.
Although unlikely, you may experience an interruption to your device content playback. If so, please take the following steps:
1. Republish content to your device(s).
2. Restart your device(s).
If this does not resolve the issue, please contact us.